Newman Tuition is pleased to be partnering with Rachel Vecht of Educating Matters to offer parents a unique ‘Homework Matters’ seminar.
This special seminar will help you to create a stimulating and enjoyable learning environment at home; to teach your children good study habits; and to ensure your children co-operate and willingly sit down to do their homework without you having to nag, shout or bribe.
- The purpose of homework
- The role of parents
- Establishing rules and routines to ensure children do their homework
- Guidance and tips on providing effective support
- 3 step approach to working independently
- Useful websites and resources
- Open forum for questions and discussion
The seminar includes:
- Personal attention and feedback in an informal atmosphere
- An invaluable booklet complete with information covered on the seminar
The seminar will begin at 8pm and end at approx 930pm. It will be hosted at the Wohl Enterprise Hub (Redbourne Avenue, Finchley, N3 2BS).
Places are limited and cost just £45. For further information, or to book, please call us on 020 3198 8006.
Rachel Vecht trained as a primary school teacher at the Institute of Education and taught for a number of years in both the state and private sector. She worked as a University mentor and lecturer to student teachers. Over the past 16 years (in addition to becoming a mother to 4 children), she has written and delivered ‘Educating Matters’ seminars to thousands of working parents in the corporate and public sector and in schools. She also privately delivers a ten week ‘Positive Parenting and Family Skills Course’ covering more general parenting issues and gives one-to-one telephone consultations to parents across the UK.