“All young people need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them.”Magic Johnson
Newman Tuition’s youth coaching is rooted in personal development through providing young people with concrete tools and essential life skills.
Life as a teenager can be challenging with lots of ups and downs. It is a time with lots of changes and this results in many young people questioning themselves and their worth. Teenagers are also dealing with high expectations they may have on themselves, as well as the pressures from school, social media, of fitting in and planning a future.
Youth coaches are not parents, teachers or friends. Coaches offer a safe, impartial, trustworthy, non-judgmental space for young people to be heard and to self-discover.
Coaching is a useful way of developing young people’s strengths and abilities. This enables them to raise their performance and to remain resilient throughout life stresses and pressures.
A coaching session will typically take place as a conversation between the coach and the coachee (person being coached), and it focuses on helping the coachee discover answers for themselves.
Key areas typically focused on in sessions:
- Exams: Reducing stress and putting in place positive study habits
- Self esteem and confidence
- Identifying strengths and values that help for choosing subjects at school or further education
- Decision making
- Positive thinking
Young people will benefit from youth coaching by:
- Having a safe supportive space to discuss their deeper issues and feel supported
- Having the ability to see things in new ways and be more open minded
- Having the ability to set their own goals and have actions plans to reach them
- Having tools that raise their emotional intelligence
- Knowing more about who they are and what their strengths and gifts are
- Being motivated and inspired
If you feel your child could benefit from youth coaching, please get in contact with us.