The world needs different kinds of minds to work together.Dr Temple Grandin
Every parent wants their child to be happy, make good progress and thrive in school. Finding out that your child has learning difficulties can be the beginning of a complex journey through the world of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Support and guidance along the way, from friendly professionals with experience and knowledge is invaluable.
Our team has years of experience teaching children with SEND and leading on SEND and Inclusion in schools. We have worked with a variety of needs including:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Coordination Difficulties/Dyspraxia
- Hearing and Visual Impairments
- Dyscalculia/Maths difficulties
- Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy needs including Sensory Difficulties
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues
- Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties
Our team is knowledgeable about applying for EHCPs (Education, Health and Care Plans – previously known as Statements) and running Annual Reviews, as outlined in the The Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 0-25 Years, 2015. They have referred children to specialists – both local authority and private – including Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, OTs, CAMHs, etc. and worked closely with the specialist to make and monitor provision for the child.
We can provide one-off consultations and also more detailed consultancy.
Our services include:
- Help, support and advice for parents.
- Help preparing for meetings with the school – questions to ask etc.
- Discussion and informal assessment to check for underlying difficulties, with advice about next steps.
- Suggesting appropriate referrals and recommending specialists.
- Explaining specialists’ reports and their implications, including the school’s role in the provision.
- Help with implementing specialists’ reports at home.
- Recommending professional bodies and support groups.
- Information and advice about school support for SEND and about arrangements for tests and exams.
- Help with understanding the processes around EHCPs.
- Help with finding the best school for your child.
- Determining the most appropriate educational support and resources. If you are also looking for a tutor, we can recommend the best fit for your child. Our specialist tutors have experience across a wide variety of learning difficulties.
We guide parents through the SEND system, working hard to provide help, information and reassurance to support your child’s learning needs.
- Telephone consultations: £120 for up to an hour or £65 for up to half an hour.
- Reading documents relevant to the consultation, such as specialists’ reports: £75 for up to an hour or £40 for up to half an hour.
- Research, such as preparing for school meetings, investigating appropriate schools, recommending resources/assistive technology etc: £100 for up to an hour and £60 for up to half an hour.
All prices are inclusive of VAT.
To arrange a call with one our expert SEND consultants, please complete the contact form below.